2. Types of information we collect
This Privacy Statement covers personal information, non-personal data collection and aggregate reporting.
Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. FinalWire uses personal information to understand better your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your customer relationship with FinalWire. We take seriously the trust you place in us. FinalWire will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
On some FinalWire websites, you can order products or services, apply for instant credit, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, register yourself or your FinalWire products, or apply for a job at FinalWire. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, phone number, e-mail address, user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, credit card information, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data. If you apply for instant credit, we will ask you to provide additional information such as salary, social security number and banking information. This information will be used by our financial services providers in determining whether to extend you credit.
To personalize our websites, services or communications and improve our products and services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, and experiences with our products or services. Providing this additional information is optional.
Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. FinalWire collects and analyzes non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the FinalWire websites.
3. Children's privacyFinalWire is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. FinalWire does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and FinalWire does not target its websites to children under 13.
4. How we use your informationFinalWire uses your personal information to provide you with services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction or order, to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to update you on services and benefits, to personalize promotional offers and to personalize some FinalWire websites. Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding FinalWire products or services. We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding such communications (see section 7, "Your privacy preferences and opting out"). Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Sensitive personal information is collected only to facilitate our financial service providers' credit decisions and will be shared with them only with your permission. Credit card information and sensitive personal data are not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or FinalWire and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
Personal data collected online may also be combined with information you provide FinalWire through other sources such as product registration, call centers or public events such as trade shows or seminars.
Personal data given to FinalWire may be transferred across province, state, and country borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and simplified customer information management.
Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about FinalWire website usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and site content.
5. Who we share your information withFinalWire will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. FinalWire will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products or services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. FinalWire shares customer information across FinalWire-owned business entities and companies working on our behalf, but only as described above in "How we use your information."
FinalWire contracts with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions described in "How we use your information." Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of FinalWire and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for FinalWire. These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. FinalWire will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena, or local law.
FinalWire or its related entities could merge with or be acquired by another business entity or some or all of their respective assets could be acquired. If such a combination or acquisition occurs, FinalWire will make every reasonable effort to notify you in the event we share with the merging or acquiring entity some or all of your personal information to continue serving you.
6. Your choicesFinalWire gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and FinalWire-wide marketing communications. FinalWire-wide communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research. We give you a choice regarding delivery of FinalWire-wide communications by postal mail, e-mail and telephone. Please refer to section 7 for further instructions. We will make every effort to honour your preferences. This option does not apply to communications for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings or driver updates.
7. Your privacy preferences and opting outNon-subscription services
FinalWire will not use your personal information for a different purpose than the one stated when you provided your data. Examples of unrelated uses include sending communications about special offers, product information, and marketing messages. You can, however, choose to receive these types of non-subscription communications by following the instructions below.
To opt-out of receiving communications you have expressly requested (such as e-mail newsletters, software updates, etc.), use any of the following methods:
Select the e-mail "opt-out" or "unsubscribe" link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication
Return to the Web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions
Write to the FinalWire Privacy Office (contact form) – be sure to provide your name, e-mail and postal address, and relevant information about your FinalWire subscriptions and registrations
8. Your information and third-party companiesCertain FinalWire services are linked with those from unrelated third-party companies, some which offer you the option to share with both FinalWire and the third party personal data you provide. Examples include the ability to register software products from multiple vendors from a single FinalWire Web page, to request communications from FinalWire marketing or solution partners, or to enable order completion through a reseller. We will not share your personal information with those third-party companies unless you make that choice.
9. Access to and accuracy of your informationFinalWire strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain customer data accuracy. We will provide you with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. Certain areas of FinalWire' websites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers.
The most effective way to view and change your personal information is to return to the Web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Web page.
10. Keeping your information secureFinalWire is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, FinalWire has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and are not used for other purposes. As part of real-time payment processing, FinalWire subscribes to a fraud management service. This service gives you and FinalWire an extra level of security to guard against credit card fraud to protect your financial data.
11. Changes to this StatementIf there are updates to the terms of FinalWire' Online Privacy Statement, we will post those changes and update the revision date in this document, so you will always know what information we collect online, how we use it, and what choices you have. For material changes to this Statement, FinalWire will provide notification to affected customers.
1 - A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. For example, http://www.aida64.com/ is the URL for main FinalWire home page in Budapest, Hungary.
2 - An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.